How are AI-based systems being used by private companies and public authorities in Europe? The new report by AlgorithmWatch and Bertelsmann Stiftung sheds light on what role automated decision-making (ADM) systems play in our lives. As a result of the most comprehensive research on the issue conducted in Europe so far, the report covers the current use of and policy debates around ADM systems in 16 European countries and at EU level.
Download the PDF or explore the our website: https://automatingsociety.algorithmwatch.org
And join our online launch event: 28 October 2020 | 13:15 – 14:30 (CET)
· Sarah Fischer, Project Manager, Bertelsmann Stiftung
· Matthias Spielkamp, Executive Director, AlgorithmWatch
/ Presentation of the core findings of the report
· Fabio Chiusi, Project Manager at AlgorithmWatch and co-author of the report
/ Panel discussion about the report’s findings
· Miapetra Kumpula-Natri, Member of the European Parliament (S&D), Special Committee on Artificial Intelligence in a Digital Age
· Sergey Lagodinsky, Member of the European Parliament (Greens/EFA), Special Committee on Artificial Intelligence in a Digital Age
· Irina Orssich, Team Leader AI, European Commission
· Cornelia Kutterer, Senior Director, European Government Affairs, Rule of Law & Responsible Tech at Microsoft
· Joanna Bryson, Professor of Ethics and Technology, Hertie School
/ Q&A with the audience
Register here to attend this (online) event!