This position has been filled: Please do not apply anymore!
Hi, we are AlgorithmWatch, a non-profit research and leading advocacy organization based in Berlin. We are committed to watch and analyze automated decision-making (ADM) systems, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and both their impact on society. We advocate for using ADM systems and AI in a way that benefit people and society instead of harming them.
And that’s where you come into play! You hold all relevant qualifications and are experienced in working on a professional level in content management or marketing? You are a social media expert? Then join our AlgorithmWatch team!
Your job at AlgorithmWatch
- You are responsible for the strategic direction we take with our digital content and our social media channels.
- You create and publish targeted content: text, images, and video, scientific reports, event promotions, or campaign call-to-actions. You develop new formats to help us increase our digital outreach.
- You coordinate the editorial plan for social media postings while cooperating with our several teams: PR, campaigning, fundraising, policy, and tech.
- You optimize our digital products, the according publication process, and the user journeys by handling the monitoring and the analysis of relevant KPIs. You write reports and recommend actions.
- You are responsible for the maintenance of our CMS and manage relevant interfaces, including monitoring and campaign tools.
- You respond to feedback and enquiries from our community, coordinate further actions, and promote networking activities on social media platforms.
What you bring to the job
- Several years of working experience in managing far-reaching websites and social media accounts
- A concise, confident, and inspiring writing style in German and English
- Solid experience in handling databased monitoring and analytic tools as well as in interface management for CMS
- Appropriate knowledge of common image editing tools and a trained eye for graphic design
- The desire to work in a young civil society organization and a profound interest in the working fields of AlgorithmWatch
What we offer
- An organization with a multi-disciplinary and growing team of diverse, dedicated, and enthusiastic colleagues
- Flat hierarchies and an open and appreciative work culture
- A high level of autonomy and responsibility within the PR and outreach teams
- A workplace in the heart of Berlin
- 30 days of vacation (if working full-time)
- Flexible working hours and home office arrangements
- An initial 2-year part-time or full-time contract with 30–40 hours/week
- An annual starting gross salary between 36.000-42.000€ (depending on prior experience) with regular raises
- Regular team building events and appropriate training opportunities
Tell us who you are! What have you done so far, what fuels your passion, what’s important to you in your working life?
Please send your application containing work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When do we want you to start? As soon as possible! First interviews will take place in mid-August.